As members of the Greenbush Crisis Response Consortium, districts across the state have benefited from attending workshops and developing plans to prepare for crisis situations, and from receiving help and advice when crises have occurred.
The Greenbush Crisis Response Consortium provides direct intervention assistance with trained intervention personnel in order to assist districts in responding thoughtfully and deliberately when crises happen.
Since late 2013, Greenbush has responded to 23 districts' crisis situations, providing some of the following services:
- Advice regarding media questions
- Counseling in the wake of deaths
- Guidance to administrators as they inform their communities about student or staff terminal illnesses and deaths
- Training of counselors and crisis team members in crisis intervention support
Serving School Districts
Since 2013, the Greenbush Crisis Response Consortium has served dozens of districts and over 100 school personnel in professional development to improve the safety of schools.
- Active Shooter training in partnership with Department of Homeland Security provides districts assistance in updating policies to address intruders and create secure environments
- Bus Safety and Sporting Event/Large Crowd Emergency Planning offers after hours and off
- Crisis Training for the Front Desk Professional training provides support for the school support staff who are the initial point of contact in districts
- Cyber Security provides tips for securing the data infrastructure of districts
- Table top exercises and policy review supports districts in continually improving plans while keeping current with security trends